When you walk through the door, one of the first things you’ll notice is that the organisation is full of talented people. Not just in the fields of medicine, nursing or diagnostics but in every part of the organisation. Professional and committed people who are all working together in an open and supportive culture.
We don’t just look at you for who you are now; we look at you for who you could be in the future. We take training seriously, and encourage you to do the same. We want staff to develop their capabilities to the full with a range of learning and development opportunities.
To enable the Trust and its employees to exceed expectations and to achieve corporate and service aims and objectives, we need to recruit, develop and retain skilled and motivated people through effective people management and development, leading to a high performance culture.
Our main sites include the Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital and Burnley General Teaching Hospital as well as a number of smaller community led sites.
Valuing our Staff
We will strive to create a workforce that is:
- skilled, well trained, knowledgeable and flexible
- motivated and willing to learn
- customer focused and responsive
- productive, efficient and comparable with the best
- striving for continuous improvement
- committed to the Trust’s aims and values
- valued for its contribution
- representative of the communities it serves
If you’re wondering whether we’re the employer for you, the honest answer is that a career here is what you make of it. The opportunities are all out there, waiting. It’s up to you.